Saturday 22 February 2014

Everyday makeup

It might just be me being a nosey person but I do like to know what other people use on a day to day basis for their everyday make-up. I have an everyday make-up routine and then a going out routine. My everyday make-up has to be light and natural you don't want to be walking round all day feeling like your face is caked full of foundation and powder. Before applying my make-up I wash my face and make sure that my face isn't oily. It might not be the best thing to do but I like to wash my face with water and then use an Origins spot treatment pad to remove some excess dirt. 


*Origins Ginzing, Topshop Afternoon Tea cream blush, L'Oreal Paris True Match foundation Rose Ivory
Stay Matte Powder Translucent*

*M.A.C 217 brush, Real Techniques Stipling brush, Real Techniques Expert Face brush and Real Techniques Powder brush*

As the base for my face I use the Origins Ginzing moisturiser, it's great for a base as it doesn't feel heavy on your face and small amounts go a long way. I used to use a M.A.C foundation but for everyday use it turned out to be quite a pricey thing to be replacing a lot so I needed to find a cheaper alternative. This L'Oreal Paris True Match foundation is perfect for everyday use as it covers my blemishes well from redness to freckles and is lightweight. It is a very liquid based foundation which makes it easier to apply around the face using the Real Techniques Expert Face brush. The shade of the foundation I wear is Rose Ivory which is the lightest shade available to purchase. 

As I have quite oily skin to make sure that the foundation look matte I finish off using the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in translucent so that it doesn't add anymore colour to my face but takes away the shine from my t-zone. This is a cheap buy and defiantly worth having to hand. 


Blusher is a must when it comes to adding a touch off colour to my face and I especially love using cream blushers. I have two cream blushers from Topshop that I alternate using but my favourite colour is 'Afternoon Tea' as its pigmented, gives a rosy glow and looks pretty . Some don't use cream blushers because they don't know how to apply it but I have found that using the Real Techniques Stipling brush allows the blusher to be applied with ease. 


*Extracts Lip Balm and Topshop Innocent lipstick*
Whilst applying make-up to my face I leave some lip balm on my lips to make sure that my lips are not chapped for applying lipstick. I usually like to use my favourite lipstick which is the Topshop Innocent lipstick which is a perfect light pink that is also moisturising on the lips. 

*M.A.C Quad palette, M.A.C Lash curler, L'Oreal super brow, No7 Lash Adapt mascara and M.A.C 217 brush*

Curling my eyelashes are a must in for me in the morning if I didn't do this I would be left with straight lifeless lashes. I use the M.A.C full lash curler (blog post on that here) before applying the No7 Lash Adapt mascara. No7 mascaras are the best mascaras I have tried so far however I cannot use mascaras with a plastic wand. Some days I like to add some shimmer to my eyes so I use M.A.C Naked Lunch as it is a natural colour and the girl at the counter said it would be good as a base colour to my eyes. 

I am no expert when it comes to eyebrows and mine are not really the best shape but I work with what I have. The other day it was buy one get one half price in boots for L'Oreal products and since I was repurchasing my foundation it only seemed right to give a new brow pencil a go and I can say it was a good choice. The colour of this brow pencil is medium brown which matches up with the colour of my natural eyebrows. Without using this my eyebrows would have no shape to them and be all over the place which to me is a complete no no. 


Hope I have managed to give a slight insight into my everyday make-up. I am going to write about my going out make-up as there are changes to this routine. 


Is there anything I use that you also use? or do you do some things differently I should give a try?




No comments:

Post a Comment